View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MistyM

I did not know anything about alcoholism when I met him. I thought, I partied in my youth and quit--no problem. Well it took a lot of years researching to finally know what alcoholism is. And, when I came to full revalation of the severity of the addiction/disease and what he did, I knew I had no choice but to cut all ties and move on. I really don't care about the other girl--he is a brain damaged idiot to go back to her. It was just mind bending the irrationality of his choices--but that's addiction now isn't it. Took me awhile to GRASP the alcoholics mind set! But I finally did. It is so unlike the rational brain. They are brain damaged and out of their mind per say as "active alkie". It is really sad and tragic for all around them especially their children.
Me, I am doing pretty well. I am concentrating on me and have not dated for the 5 months to get my emotions and head in check. I think I am ready to date casually and carefully. Having fun with friends and family and working on my business. Time will take care of the rest.