Old 10-28-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jaxin1977

After reading Dee's post and being new here I can't help to add more to my previous post and story. I have quit because I took it too far, luckily not far enough to kill me. But far enough that life for me will never ever be the same. I saw the warning signs, I knew I had a problem. I was told of what its like to have you're stomach pumped. I was told of the blackouts. I was told stories of people having seizures from drinking. I have seen the effects and toll it has taken on others and their families etc.

But I'm different. I'm not like the others. I can handle it. I'm in control.

How wrong I was. How very wrong I was. I'm paying the price now, and having to face reality for the first time in over ten years. At 36, I take more medications then most people in their golden years and get 100% of my nutrition through a tube. Nerve damage created from binge drinking.

The more time I have to sit and think about things, the more I wish I could help others see first hand, the damage alcohol can dish out to the body. Also gives me more time to regret the decisions I made over 10 years ago.

P.S. please forgive my rant, andI hope this doesn't come across the wrong way.