View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Carlos, I see you have changed your avatar again! Miss your photo, but absolutely love the autumnal colours of those trees, how wonderful. I hope your sinus head is better, do you try inhaling steam? Ask Dee about the sinus thingy he has, but pm I almost upchucked when they began a discussion on another thread 😱

Drake, I so see you in that Roller, playing your classical music at full pelt. I'd offer you a race, but even the landrover would wipe the floor with that. Though when it comes to class and style.....

Grace, I have visions of your dad wondering how James Last got so fit he could climb trees!!!( and fight giants!) I figured my work/life balance a while back, but hubby still has a long way to go! He left for Boston yesterday for 2 weeks, no visa so it is not being charged to the client, but the project is starting up and they need his expertise. Hopefully it will galvanise the company to push for his visa soonest! I think it's the longest we have been apart, but as I am used to him being away in the week,it is only the weekends which I need to get through, and I have plenty to keep me occupied!

Dotty, I'm glad you are seeing a funny side to this even if the humour is a little sad! I want to come feed you up. It reminds me of when I first left home and worked bar jobs for a pittance ( we have never had the same tipping mentality here, and I would be more likely offered a drink than given a tip ) I lived on beans on toast for months. As for sharing your life with a partner, well the right guy won't be a drinker, and will want to treat you like a princess which is no more than you deserve.

Dayover, I'm glad you are feeling less anxious, when we drink we cover it, we don't deal with it. I feel anxiety is a natural state for most humans these days the pace of the 21st century, and the expectations on us are constantly battling with our caveman instincts to fear what we can't control. Just remember, every time you feel anxious about a situation, that everybody else is probably feeling exactly the same. What matters is not letting it change your actions. Don't start avoiding situations, or your anxiety will increase next time, but little victories will build your confidence. I still am incredibly shy of meeting people, so I just act like I am a confident happy person tell myself everyone I meet is painfully shy and needs me to coax them out of their shell. It really works for me.
It does sound like you had fun shopping.
Courage, you better be feeling really proud of yourself sweetheart, you have had an awesome day!
BF home alone! Yay! You can play your music full blast dance about the house in your fluffy slippers, drink the milk from the bottle, and cuddle up with the dog on the sofa watching just what you want on tv with a big bowl of popcorn! Enjoy!!

I am sure WWG is fine, possibly having internet problems with the weather?
Steve, I hope you don't feel too sleepy today, and hope your cousin wine his match.
MB how's our fighting Furie??
Happyfeet 5 months and counting eh? Brilliant

SJ, you and your puffin are a big part of my SR day, it's not how much we post, it's the support we offer in our words, and you are always there for everyone. I love that about you.

I know there are loads of Undies out there I haven't mentioned so be safe be strong be sober all.
Oh Dottie, re visiting other rooms in our SR house, please come visit us in the limerick thread, no need to post unless you feel like it, but the kettle is always on for visitors. I tend to stick to the same half dozen or so threads, or I get drawn in to something new, and that's another half hour in my day I need to find somehow!!! Lol I like the funny ones, as humour is important for healing.x