Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (86.9 KB, 136 views)
Old 10-25-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Toots!....is that you?
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh baby doll...A frontal, in full regalia!!!

How the heck am I to concentrate on my work today, or do a chore or two for that matter to keep dg happy.

I love it, Toots! Is that the same seg that was on display on the drive home with hubby?

I now have an altered to-do list:
  1. hit the color printer at kinko's
  2. it's limerick time
Thank's Toots...your smile made my day!!! xxx
Old 10-25-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Haha SJ it is me and a very manic grin!
And yes Carlos I would have had to suck lemons to get that cheeser off my face that day!!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Thank's Toots...your smile made my day!!! xxx
I could not have put it any better!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning undies!
Woke up a little early today so enjoying a cup of coffee and some music. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Haha SJ it is me and a very manic grin!
And yes Carlos I would have had to suck lemons to get that cheeser off my face that day!!
Holy crap, TOOTS, this is exactly how I pictured you to look! (Minus the helmet, of course.) Love it!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh Undies,

Not off to a very good pace today. My mojo is lost and I have nowhere the gas in the tank that Toot’s so beautifully put on display. I have a sinus headache that is almost as painful as a cluster migraine. Add to that an upset stomach and a blah feeling in just in general. I suppose I am either getting a bug, or it is PAWS. I need to read about PAWS.

I have a business meeting late this afternoon that requires a decent drive to even arrive. I am prepared, but not my usual upbeat self. That just reminded me of a story. I’m pitching this rather unique “Dialogue Banking” concept to this this group that included the CEO. He says to me when we are wrapping things up that he is all in, but he is sorry that he doesn’t think he can get quite as excited about the physical and culture changes proposed in his branches as I display. Made me laugh...but that’s me, most days when not actively in my addiction; but not today either.

To end on a brief high note. I was sent a quote by a friend aware of my demons...as she put it. I’ve decided to use it as a signature here. It also led me to find another piece by Paulo Coelho which I think is from the same book? I had never heard of him till today.

This spoke to me about my struggle with demons (alcoholism) in a way far beyond my capabilities. Whoevers web page that had this said, “When I begin to slip into this negative place, I revisit this passage from Paulo Coelho’s Warrior of the Light,”

“Every warrior of light has felt afraid of going into battle.
Every warrior of light has, at some time in the past, lied or betrayed someone.
Every warrior of light has trodden a path that was not his.
Every warrior of light has suffered for the most trivial of reasons.
Every warrior of light has, at least once, believed that he was not a warrior of light.
Every warrior of light has failed in his spiritual duties.
Every warrior of light has said ‘yes’ when he wanted to say ‘no’.
Every warrior of light has hurt someone he loved.
That is why he is a warrior of light, because he has been through all this and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is.”

Wow, I love that last line. Actually, I believe it!

Have a great TGIF, all...Carlos xx

ps...Toots, I wish you I could hop in for a spin and you could drive me to my mtg
Old 10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everybody! Hope everyone is doing well

I haven't posted in a few days. I've been very anxious and unhappy this week hiding in my head. Didn't go to my normal meetings. I'm walking a very precarious line and I know it but I'm so anxious I feel like I can't do anything. My friend has convinced me to do some Big Book stuff with her this afternoon and I know that will help me relax and feel better.

I hate feeling anxious like this. So nervous and upset and there is not a single reason why. I have my home meeting tomorrow which I am going to drag myself to.

Just one day at a time right?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Such pure joy in that picture, Toots!

Makes my heart happy just looking at it. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Take care of yourself Dayover, anxiety is quite normal when we first stop drinking. For one thing there are real big chemical changes going on in your body, and for another, you are learning to cope with life without your crutch. A our Grace says, baby steps!

Carlos, me driving you round in a racing car would definitely take your mind off your sore head! Poor you, I hope the work meeting goes well.

PippoRossi if you have pictured me, that must be some scary imagination you have! Lol

How are you feeling Maddie?? No more cravings I hope x
Old 10-25-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dayover View Post
Hi everybody! Hope everyone is doing well

I haven't posted in a few days. I've been very anxious and unhappy this week hiding in my head. Didn't go to my normal meetings. I'm walking a very precarious line and I know it but I'm so anxious I feel like I can't do anything. My friend has convinced me to do some Big Book stuff with her this afternoon and I know that will help me relax and feel better.

I hate feeling anxious like this. So nervous and upset and there is not a single reason why. I have my home meeting tomorrow which I am going to drag myself to.

Just one day at a time right?
One day at a time, indeed.

Don't try to do too much or too little. Just saunter down your path. Your ship will right itself soon enough.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sad to say I join the anxiety/dumps crowd.

I almost had a drink last night, in fact is was my plan and I was not going to tell you all about it when I did.

I went to the restaurant/bistro where I frequented for their pizza night with a friend. Andy the server/bartender who I have known even before he started working there, came to take our order. "Club and lime?" "No, vodka tonic... I need it." Andy looked at me and said "Oh, but you have been so good for so long.. I'll bring you a club and lime."

Smart Andy.

I really need that "Warrior of Light" quote Carlos, thanks.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Toots- thanks for the pic.

Carlos- Did you get those chores done? I may have to write a limerick about you if you haven't! Love your new signature quote. Here's my favorite PAWS link: Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) | What...Me Sober?.

Drake- Glad you didn't drink last night. Perhaps it would be a good time to think about what brought you so close to the edge and how to stop yourself next time? Trying to order a vodka tonic just seems awful close to really falling over the edge.

Today is day 200 no alcohol for me and day 100 no weed.

I am totally exhausted after the last 2 weeks on the road. I've gotten a ton of work done, plus quite a bit of sight-seeing and whatnot on the side. Not sure yet if I'm going to head home tomorrow or spend a couple more days seeing stuff.

Been doing fairly well. Just trying to be more involved with life. It seems like as long as I'm busy I'm ok, but if I have too any down time I get to thinking and it's not always a good thing. Sometimes I just feel a bit down about life. Day by day, I'm doing better though. Progress just seems painfully slow at times.

If I look back though, I am a world away from where I was 200 days ago when I first joined SR and quit drinking. I've made a ton of progress. I'm thankful I'm sober.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Anxiety, frustration and all... it just did not go away when I stopped drinking. That is what fueled it. I know it. I am glad I did not and swear I have not done so. I really do know it won't help a thing.

Congrats on 200/100 days anniversary DG!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
p***enger

Drake, I'm very, very glad you had that good guy looking out for your best interests. It's best not to tempt fate, though. Maybe you should avoid establishments that serve liquor when you're feeling rocky?

Carlos, that headache sounds brutal. Is it a seasonal thing with you? I hope you find some relief.

DG, I know what you mean about the negativity that comes with down time. I don't really know what to do with free time to myself. Reading is still hard. Maybe part of PAWS--other people have told me that reading was one of the slowest things to come back in sobriety. Most of my alone time is spent working or on SR. SR is fortunately a great hangout!

Toots, I so loved to see your smile this a.m.! Thanks!

Dayover, I hope your mood lifts soon. I've had a lot of mood swings but every go-around with them I seem to be able to cope a little bit better. Be patient with yourself, ok?

Boozefree -- how's your day gone? Any listening recs today? We have some shared tastes, although Led Z kind of brings me back to places I don't wanna go. But every once in a while, I just gotta hear Dropkick Murphys Shipping Up To Boston.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Missed you all yesterday, just didn’t get chance though I did start posting and got side tracked.
It’s been a strange sort of a day weather wise, heavy rain this morning, glorious sun this afternoon and then an epic thunder storm this evening. I’ve not done anything out of the ordinary today, same old, same old, other than make a pumpkin lantern with our boy .

Carlos, hi, I hope your meeting went well.

Hope you’re okay Steve, I think that is beautiful lighting a candle for your special angel . Love to you.

Hope you had a better sleep last night Courage. My work? I work on a complaints department for a major utilities company and boy do we get some complaints. Everybody wants money these days, nearly every single person I deal with is looking for compensation and its often for the most trivial of things, like waiting 5 minutes to speak to somebody! Honestly you wouldn’t believe it. It used to be a good company to work for, but we got taken over by a Spanish company about 4 yrs ago and since then it’s gone downhill rapidly in every way possible.
I’ve worked three long days( 10 hrs) per week for about 6 yrs now and I didn’t generally drink on the nights I was working. I’ve always been hard worker and I used to be a bit of a workaholic and a stress head, but now my priorities have changed and I work to live not live to work. My family is far more important to me.

Hi Dottie, I hope you are feeling better and your spirits have lifted. Your post concerned me a little and I hope you stick with us, we like being stuck with you. Things can only get better you know,

B.F it must be so hard to go home and see your sister and friend downing the wine especially when your were craving yourself. Your strength is an inspiration, I admire your fortitude.

Hey Toots, my grandad kept pigeons too, I remember them vividly, he kept hens as well. I missed that about the bear, Courage you must share!

Hello Happyfeet, lovely to see you, lovely you’re still sober, call back again soon.

I hope your cold gets better soon Drake, plenty of fluids and some honey and lemon should help. At least it’s only a cold and not ’man flu.’ Olive, lol.

Carlos, I hope that vent made you feel better, it’s better out than in. I can’t believe you’ve got snow already, yuk, don’t be sending any our way, I only like it on Christmas cards. So frustrating for you to have your new golf clubs arrive and not be able to use them. I feel your pain.
I love hard core tea, good, strong and with the teeniest drop of milk. I don’t eat meat either, so we can share a picnic on the bus, lol.
Husbands reaction to me being a kept woman, here you go
I’m shocked to hear that my talk of lippy, nip and whatever else I said is x rated where you are, I’ve missed my forte then have I, lol? Seriously, I hope I’ve not offended anyone because it certainly not x rated here, I wouldn’t have said those words if that was the case.

Hi Jim, you do help, a lot, in your own quiet, solid, way. You’re a big part of our family of Undies.

Carlos and Toots, I was a wine snob, no cheap house wine for me, oh no, I preferred to throw up and black out on the good stuff.

Wow Toots, that’s a stunning photo, love it. What a beautiful, genuine smile. Gorgeous.

Carlos, calm down, watch your blood pressure, cold shower, now!

Thanks for the new thread Dee, I thought I was doing well, just a few posts I thought, got to the bottom of the page and there you were with your link!! That p’d on my bonfire!

Carlos, I hope you are feeling much better, it isn’t like you at all to be on the down side. I love that piece by Paulo Coelho, really love it, thank you for sharing.

Dayover, stick close, don’t isolate yourself, it’s not good, you need the support. Post as much as you can, you have a good friend there too wanting to do big book work with you. ‘This too shall pass.’

I’m taking baby steps again
and like a little child I’m impatient
Pushing myself as far as I can
It’s not easy taking baby steps again
When I know I’ve done it before
But sometimes I need a helping hand
As I take those baby steps again
learning to hold back to get ahead and then
I won’t need to take those baby steps again.

Drake, if only we all had a friend like Andy! I bet you’re glad today, Stay strong my friend, look how far you’ve come, it would be a shame to throw it all away now.
Unfortunately anxiety and frustration are part of life whether we drink or not, but staying sober we deal with our issues, drinking we bury our heads in the sand or in a bottle of wine if you're me.

D.G congrats on 200 days and 100 days, that’s so fantastic. Try and get some rest this week end, you deserve it. Progress may seem slow, but that doesn't matter, it isn't a race and you're doing good.

Hi Ctrl and Pippo, hope you're both good

Nuway, stop lurking and come and share, we want to know how you're doing.

I'm going to bed now, so sleep well you lot.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: I will listen to my conscience and do what's right. My focus will be on principles, not on people's personalities.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Toots, you are so so so cute. Your smile did brighten the whole SR thread. Ear to ear smile. I want one of those.

Grace, don't worry. I was super down and needed to turn off from life but just for a day. A good cry was just what I needed. I'll try to summarize the cruel trick of life that came my way. I applied to a full time job as director of original programming at a new French TV station. I was called last week by the director's secretary who wanted to know where I was located. She hung up saying, fine, we'll call you back next week for the time of your interview. This week I called in, and it turned out that the interviews were already over. In the end, my CV was not even considered because I was not on site and the city's candidates were so strong this time around. The director called to apologize for the dreadful mishap his secretary did. She should have been clear that she only wanted to know my location and that I would only be called if my candidacy was retained. The whole cruel experience left me with a bitter taste. Thankfully, I hadn't gone yet and borrowed money for a manicure and haircut. But I was quite sad about it all. At least, there is still my other on spec gig with the other company.

Carlos, your day seemed quite hard today. I love Coelho, read all his books but in French. It translates well from his original language. Are you feeling better tonight ?

Drake, ouch, awfully close call. I can't blame you. It's obviously harder when it's been a while we're off booze, healthy but the rest of ****** life is still hanging there. The complacency people talk about is also ready to bite our heads off. We forget too easily about the tyranny of alcohol. And a drink is so tempting.

My darling mother (said with sarcasm because she is not well) once said to me: your life is so full of problems, don't add alcoholism to that mix. Even if it were snarky and a few years before I became an alcoholic, it was spot on though.

ANd today, my life is so ******, worsening it with booze is the last thing I need. Drake it's what keeps me sober. Like you said: it won't help a thing. Please give a cuddle to Olive for me, good therapy. xo

Dayover, perhaps surfing the crave will help you take your attention away from the AV?

BF, hope music is still your best friend!

Stevie, are you OK?

I hope you all have a good week-end, sadness, happiness, dirt, tears, joy, the whole lot of what makes us human.

Here is a little something I found on FB today to help lift depression a little. It made me laugh so much and the 2nd time is even funnier: Andy and Amy's Haunted House - YouTube

Bonne nuit,
DP