View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jeni26

I have to add that following a messy relapse from me last May, he did give up drinking and we both remain sober to this day.

Our relationship grew from that moment. It is different now, more real. I don't think he has ever really accepted his issues with alcohol were as bad as mine. Our alcoholic brains re-write the scripts and he chooses to forget the bad stuff. I don't know if this makes him more vulnerable to relapse or not but he has said he won't drink again and he won't change his mind. He's single minded and stubborn so I believe that will be the case.

Your husband sounds completely wrapped up in his alcoholic thinking. Of course he doesn't think you have a problem, that might make him question his own.... I don't know what to say about the distillery. It probably makes complete sense to him. Whether or not he's doing it to taunt you makes little difference really. He's doing it despite you. We alcoholics are all selfish and self-absorbed to the extreme.

It sounds a difficult situation. Just what are you getting from the relationship right now?