View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ashbyee

Stark reality of being a non drinker

I will try to make this as brief as possible. I have been sober for the 14 months. It truly has not been that hard. I was so desperate to get my life back that I was willing to do just about anything to get that crap out of my life. Through the help of SR and AVERT- I am completely a non drinker. Period. I don't miss it one bit and I can't believe I wasted 10 years getting drunk almost every single night on wine. What a waste. Anyway,,,,

I am not sure I made the best decisions for myself while drinking. I got divorced- that needed to happen and I got remarried and that- SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. I regret it to the core of my being. I knew there were red flags everywhere, but you see, a couple glasses of wine and I could convince myself that all would be ok once we were married! It was a constant party for crying out loud!!

My husband drinks almost every night. He has never addressed my not drinking and in fact pretty much ignores it. I have never asked for support or sympathy. I was quitting no matter what. He got it after the first 20 times he asked me if I wanted a drink. He didn't want me to quit. I really don't care. But< here is one of the many problems: I have quit. He has now decided to start distilling his own vodka and has spent thousands of dollars on distillery equipment. Is it just me or is this STRANGE??? I am not walking around jonesing for a drink- I am pissed at the lack of respect and no, he did not discuss this with me. I am on a need to know basis. I want to know if anyone else has had this experience.

Please note: I don't care if he drinks. It' s just that this feels off..... Not right. Kind of a backhanded slap or something. It's like a weird mind game - at least to me.

Maybe, I am completely off base and it is normal to have a spouse that kinda likes to taunt one. I welcome all input!!! Thank you guys.... I had to vent this out.

Have a wonderful and sober day! God it feels so good to be free!!