View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Grace2

Hi Undies

Missed you all yesterday, just didn’t get chance though I did start posting and got side tracked.
It’s been a strange sort of a day weather wise, heavy rain this morning, glorious sun this afternoon and then an epic thunder storm this evening. I’ve not done anything out of the ordinary today, same old, same old, other than make a pumpkin lantern with our boy .

Carlos, hi, I hope your meeting went well.

Hope you’re okay Steve, I think that is beautiful lighting a candle for your special angel . Love to you.

Hope you had a better sleep last night Courage. My work? I work on a complaints department for a major utilities company and boy do we get some complaints. Everybody wants money these days, nearly every single person I deal with is looking for compensation and its often for the most trivial of things, like waiting 5 minutes to speak to somebody! Honestly you wouldn’t believe it. It used to be a good company to work for, but we got taken over by a Spanish company about 4 yrs ago and since then it’s gone downhill rapidly in every way possible.
I’ve worked three long days( 10 hrs) per week for about 6 yrs now and I didn’t generally drink on the nights I was working. I’ve always been hard worker and I used to be a bit of a workaholic and a stress head, but now my priorities have changed and I work to live not live to work. My family is far more important to me.

Hi Dottie, I hope you are feeling better and your spirits have lifted. Your post concerned me a little and I hope you stick with us, we like being stuck with you. Things can only get better you know,

B.F it must be so hard to go home and see your sister and friend downing the wine especially when your were craving yourself. Your strength is an inspiration, I admire your fortitude.

Hey Toots, my grandad kept pigeons too, I remember them vividly, he kept hens as well. I missed that about the bear, Courage you must share!

Hello Happyfeet, lovely to see you, lovely you’re still sober, call back again soon.

I hope your cold gets better soon Drake, plenty of fluids and some honey and lemon should help. At least it’s only a cold and not ’man flu.’ Olive, lol.

Carlos, I hope that vent made you feel better, it’s better out than in. I can’t believe you’ve got snow already, yuk, don’t be sending any our way, I only like it on Christmas cards. So frustrating for you to have your new golf clubs arrive and not be able to use them. I feel your pain.
I love hard core tea, good, strong and with the teeniest drop of milk. I don’t eat meat either, so we can share a picnic on the bus, lol.
Husbands reaction to me being a kept woman, here you go
I’m shocked to hear that my talk of lippy, nip and whatever else I said is x rated where you are, I’ve missed my forte then have I, lol? Seriously, I hope I’ve not offended anyone because it certainly not x rated here, I wouldn’t have said those words if that was the case.

Hi Jim, you do help, a lot, in your own quiet, solid, way. You’re a big part of our family of Undies.

Carlos and Toots, I was a wine snob, no cheap house wine for me, oh no, I preferred to throw up and black out on the good stuff.

Wow Toots, that’s a stunning photo, love it. What a beautiful, genuine smile. Gorgeous.

Carlos, calm down, watch your blood pressure, cold shower, now!

Thanks for the new thread Dee, I thought I was doing well, just a few posts I thought, got to the bottom of the page and there you were with your link!! That p’d on my bonfire!

Carlos, I hope you are feeling much better, it isn’t like you at all to be on the down side. I love that piece by Paulo Coelho, really love it, thank you for sharing.

Dayover, stick close, don’t isolate yourself, it’s not good, you need the support. Post as much as you can, you have a good friend there too wanting to do big book work with you. ‘This too shall pass.’

I’m taking baby steps again
and like a little child I’m impatient
Pushing myself as far as I can
It’s not easy taking baby steps again
When I know I’ve done it before
But sometimes I need a helping hand
As I take those baby steps again
learning to hold back to get ahead and then
I won’t need to take those baby steps again.

Drake, if only we all had a friend like Andy! I bet you’re glad today, Stay strong my friend, look how far you’ve come, it would be a shame to throw it all away now.
Unfortunately anxiety and frustration are part of life whether we drink or not, but staying sober we deal with our issues, drinking we bury our heads in the sand or in a bottle of wine if you're me.

D.G congrats on 200 days and 100 days, that’s so fantastic. Try and get some rest this week end, you deserve it. Progress may seem slow, but that doesn't matter, it isn't a race and you're doing good.

Hi Ctrl and Pippo, hope you're both good

Nuway, stop lurking and come and share, we want to know how you're doing.

I'm going to bed now, so sleep well you lot.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: I will listen to my conscience and do what's right. My focus will be on principles, not on people's personalities.