Thread: Letter from AF
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EveningRose

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
I can handle pretty much anything regarding my FOO at this point, but I am paralyzed with fear when the thought occurs to me that my children could reestablish contact with them. And then everything could go to hell in a handbasket, and there's very little I could do to stop it. I swore I would protect my kids from that craziness, so to think that they could CHOOSE it scares the everloving crap out of me.
My feelings EXACTLY.

And my older kids are choosing it. Two of them in particular.

I understand it's human nature, when you see a bunch of people who seem normal and healthy, and they're ALL saying the same thing, of course you believe it. I just don't know what the answer is.

My friend keeps reminding me over and over: It's a marathon. The truth wins out in the end. Keep being who you are. Your actions and words will eventually be seen for what they are.

I'm not convinced it's true, unfortunately. I can only resolve myself to knowing that GOD knows the truth, and in the end, His judgment is the only one that matters. In the meantime, it helps a great deal to be reminded that other people see my integrity and worth and see the truth of what's going on.