Thread: Letter from AF
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

*sigh* I want to come give you a big hug right now, because I know exactly how this plays out. There's no winning here, even when we know the reality of it all. I came to terms with the fact that my AM truly believes her version of events and has no recollection of what really happened. I've gotten similar emails and voicemail, and have had to refrain from lashing out in response, knowing that it would get me nothing but a one-way ticket to Nowheresville. God, but it hurts. It hurts so much to know that a false belief has taken place of the very real, very painful history for so many people. The lies have been repeated so much that everyone adopts them as the truth, and there's no going back. If only we could say our piece and be heard and understood. We deserve the explanations and apologies that we will never get, and they have the audacity to insist that we apologize to them for their delusions. I don't frequent this forum as much as F&F because it touches so many raw nerves and I become heartbroken for all of us all over again.