View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Well it seems that most of us are just the same, I wonder if everyone thinks the same really and we just think we're the only ones...? I wouldn't say I am guarded at work but I am defensive as hell. I am guarded in my personal life though.

Glad you are getting your medical issues seen to INH. And like you said, there are some positives to being in the same place. Nowt wrong with stability x

Tonight I went to the Pub! No issues at all. Just went out with a friend who I hadn't seen for a few years. It was nice. Just watching a band and I took the dog out to the pub for the first time. She was a little over excited. I was surprised how it just didn't bother me at all though. There was even a drinks competition thing and the singer in the band had a pint attached to his mic stand. Those things would have narked me a while ago and I'd be bemoaning the lack of sober people. Actually my friend doesn't drink much and when we used to go out I would drink pints to his halves. He didn't flinch when I said I had quit, just said he wanted to too. There have been a few other people too who I have mentioned me quitting drinking to who haven't seen it as a big deal or took the mick. And more to the point I haven't been defensive about it. I think I am finally comfortable in my sobriety. More progress