Thread: 1st Bad Meeting
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Twofish

Hi JDoomer, I saw your thread and just couldn't help but add to it. I'm a mom of 2 ADs in therapy. I attend a group called friends and family of addicts, sort of like alanon or narcon, anyway our group is open but usually have about 5 people attend on Tuesday nights. Well this past Tuesday there was 13 people there (I was a bit frightened, you know the judgement thing) anyway, there were 4-5 people talking at once quite a few times. The leader let it happen and sometimes did slow it down. My head was spinning, people were criticizing the newbies, others arguing about methadone vs Suboxone it was crazy. If this happens again, I'll just walk out it too overpowering to Me to have so many people talking at one time, I couldn't listen to everyone, it disturbed me cause I thought I would miss something. One person was crying. Well that's my 2cents worth, I guess these things happen, emotions overwhelm people. It's best to carry on with your sobriety and let this comment from this newly sober woman just roll off your shoulders. Take care, TF