Thread: 1st Bad Meeting
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
jdooner

thanks for all the advice.

I agree that it has affected me bc I know there is some truth in it. Others were talking about pain from my drinking and drugs. I only used drugs a few dozen times - but it became more often towards the end of my drinking. I drank steadily and the binges became more often towards the end.

I did not loose everythign but I recognize that the disease was progressing. I did not cause much pain around me - this is not denial, I really did not. I have a great career, two kids wife, two dogs, we have all the accoutriments but the only pain was internal - I was dying inside and fear or it all collapsing is what started my sobriety. Plus these people don't know any of this so the judgement seems off.

The woman was not malicious but only sober a couple days - so it is what it is - I am surprised it hurt me though. Or maybe I want it to be an excuse to convieniently break my sobriety? Perhaps I am manufacturing these feels so I can feel better about taking a drink?

Anyhow, seems to have thrown me for a bit of a loop. I didn't drink, felt better after my swim and so goes another day. Meet with my therapist tomorrow and will try to flush it out.

Olive1 - I am the same way. I have a hard time not taking things to heart but am working on this - funny in my job I get arrows shot at me all day long and whne they stick they never hurt as much as some stranger who does not know me commenting at a AA meeting with a bunch of sick people.