View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Afterthought

Originally Posted by Whiterhino24 View Post
well I relapsed and went crazy. I went to my house on sunday and my wife called the cops on me and I spent the night in jail then I went back to my house to sleep it off and she called the cops on me again and I spent 8 hours in the mental unit of the hospital. I am pretty sure I have ruined any chances of my wife taking me back and that is hard to except. I am starting over and I hope that my life will get better it is just hard to see that right now...
I hear you man. I've spent a time or two in a "mental unit" for depression and other issues, and know how that can feel and some of the thoughts it can make someone think.

Just know that we are here for you and things will get better if you commit yourself to some form of recovery. I know things are bleak right now and seem hopeless -- but there is hope in leaning on other people when your not strong enough to do it yourself.

I do not know the specifics of your situation nor the nuances of your relationship with your wife, but perhaps she might change her mind when she sees how awesome you are doing with your recovery in the future? You are a person worthy of love and affection regardless of your (and my) illness.

Remember that. We are not our illness and are awesome and beautiful in and of ourselves. Yes, we are flawed and have issues -- but those issues are not us; only an expression of our disease.

Hang in there man,
Afterthought