View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

I think finding a balance with the people we work with is a massive challenge Jeni. Have you ever looked into 'boundaries' with other people? I have a book on that somewhere because it is something I have a slight problem with. But at work I think my manager takes a lot of the brunt of it because she has us moaning at her and my boss, whereas I just have her. I am not one to let things stew so I am an offloader I am afraid. I think getting that chance to let it all go or at least out there can really help.

That said my workshop staff are a massive problem to me. They rarely speak to anyone but each other. I am just paranoid they don't like me. And I don't think they respect me because they don't ask me about work stuff, they just seem to talk about it amongst themselves and I have to force my opinion on them sometimes. It has caused a couple of issues with work one of them has done but I find it hard to address it as he is really dismissive when I say anything. My manager is totally aware of the situation and has talked to him a bit. But my boss won't hear a bad thing said against them. We have both noticed this so it isn't just me being paranoid. I don't know what else I can do so I am just getting on with my work, which incidentally is going really well I know my boss intimated that I seemed to be avoiding some of the better jobs, and I made excuses for the reasons why, which were valid to a point, about being interrupted by the shop and finding it difficult to concentrate, but I also remembered that part of this is because I actively did avoid certain jobs when I was drinking because my hands were shaking in the morning. I am also a perfectionist and prefer doing jobs I know I can do well so I know I have avoided some of the work I do less often, cos I am terrified. It takes a lot for me to admit that somewhere cos it is a major failing of mine... Anyway, in the last couple of days I have done some scaryish jobs and haven't even flinched. I even did some work on a 55k violin and didn't even panic. Progress

Ranty ranty, sorry x

Well done on no chocolate Jeni! I have only had one packet of oreo cookies in nearly two weeks Me and a friend at work are doing this supersize superskinny thing because she is trying to gain weight and I am trying to lose it. We've both been making very slow but steady progress It has been good having some motivation and keeping track of it.

How is Nicky doing...? Has anyone seen James around too, or Marks? x

Hope everyone is doing okay x