View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Prilly87

Hi everyone thank you so much for your responses. I am truly overwhelmed at the support I have received from this forum. It seems I am on the right track, it is sooo heartbreaking but I am 26 and want a chance at children and marriage - I want to be happy. I can't see that being an option with him if he keeps on relapsing. I couldn't put my unborn children through this heart ache too. BUT i also cant imagine doing this with anyone else - he is my soul mate. in the times he has been clean - i have been happier than ever. oooh its a cruel thing! I think I will seek out some counselling for me and maybe get to a local support group for families and loved ones of addicts ( his key worker gave me some information). I will keep checking in with his family and give him some space to focus on himself and not 'us'. i just pray that the lack of contact will have a positive effect as opposed to driving him back to heroin. Once again thank you for all your help and advice. Hopefully I can help someone else in the future with what I learn from my own experiences. X