View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Good Afternoon Everybody and thank you for the support and encouragement. So far things have been going good, and yes we did get some needed cuddle time. I left work a little early yesterday because everyone wanted me to beat the traffic and get home to him. When I got there he was outside with our pets in the yard. He had a tall cup of coffee and was relaxing. I watched them all for a minute before I said anything, it was a happy feeling for me.

He was complaining about some heartburn last night, and then he woke up in the middle of the night and said he had chills and was sick to his stomach. He got sick, then seemed to start feeling better. I asked him if its something had been happening because he never mentioned it, and he said no. But he did eat different yesterday. He had more coffee, polished off most of a bag of cookies, and while i was at work he cooked some food for himself. The first time he had cooked in about 4 months. The joke is he poisoned himself.

Things are good today, and either tonight or tomorrow morning he is going to let his parents know he is home. He was afraid they would be all over him once they find out and he wanted some quiet.

For those of you who are worried about me, thank you its kind of you, but I want him to home, I am ready. I know there will be challenges and I still have a lot of feelings to work through, but Im up for it. This is his home too, not just mine. I am happy to wait until he is ready, until the doctor agrees. We are team is the approach we take in family counseling. We have talked about our living apart for a little while mostly because he is doesn't want me to be around him if he is not 100% well. Doesn't want me to have to be upset by any of his moods or PAWS symptoms. If he needs it for himself then ok but I would prefer to be together and work through it

He has had what they call " a pass" from rehab a few times now. He was home once before, we went away together one weekend in a neutral place, he had a day pass but went back at night. I figured all rehabs did this type of thing. I have no idea about billing, we are paying what insurance wont cover, and most was paid in advance. His place there is safe until he has graduated.

One good thing avoiding snooping. When I am at work sometimes I use my phone to access the security system we have and you can see from the cameras whats going on at home. Sometimes I check to look for our animals. If I wanted to snoop on him ? But NO. I wont. Stopped that one in its tracks.