View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Twofish

Hi Prilly, Welcome to the SR family, happy to meet you and offer you any support I can. I think it sucks that he never told you(addicts lie) or his family never told you ( enablers protect) someone should of said something. However, lets move forward. This man loves you, it sounds like he may desire sobriety, so has he ever considered rehab? He can only achieve that if he truly desires it. It's a long road, a deep hole to climb out of, but it can happen. I have 2 heroin addicted daughters, in therapy, one went inpatient the other went the Methadone route. If it works, it works. What you need is SUPPORT, face to face, so you won't feel alone, blame yourself or feel guilty or a host of emotional emergencies to be rescued from and understand.Its good that you have a plan.. You and the fella will learn tools to help each of you to understand addiction, the disease. We are here for you, support you. Others will be along with their support and encouragement. Take care of yourself, eat well, fluids, rest. You are gonna need it. Take care! TF