View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OnlyOneProblem

Iamthird - maybe it is time to change your name to IAMFIRST. Congratulations on your news of being cancer free!!

My sister had a cancer diagnosis earlier this year. She had surgery and many weeks of radiation without the support of her AH. She is back to her busy life where she does so much for her family. I often remind her that she needs to take care of herself, take a day off (you still need to do this when you retire)!! I remind her that she still is recovering from her cancer. She said everyone else seems to have forgotten, and indeed they have.

I have some issues that I am dealing with currently that have required me to be firm in my boundaries. Amazing things happen when you get off the fence and decide how you want your life to be. With each day that I stick to my boundaries I gain strength and wisdom. My boundary is simply - I want to live a peaceful life. I choose to no longer live the crazy, insane, merry go round existence that consumed me. My boundaries have been tested to the max. I still don't know what the future holds, but what I do know is when I stick to my boundaries and willing to trust my higher power that I am utterly amazed at the results. A little willingness to trust your higher power is all He needs. It's a process. Take it slow. I urge you to focus on the life you want. I know you have been doing that. Your good results are born of your thoughts. You'll be fine!