View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Mk, I think you did need a little higher dose. Honestly, I did not have cravings until recently. I'm not sure if a person builds a tolerance with sub. When I went to my IOP yesterday and talked about what happened the counselor said I should check with my doctor about increasing my dose. That might be what happened. I do understand when people say they still crave while on sub. This happened to me as well. Also, sub is still an oppiate and mind altering. So there is still a chance of becoming addicted to the sub. I know that I am famous for switching doc's and can become addicted to just about anything. Like people say addiction is the disease and has nothing to do with the substance. I agree with you that hiding WD makes it even harder. You can not just lay in bed and moan and thrash. You have to act normal. Not easy to do during WD. Mk next time use the flu excuse. Everyone gets sick at some point in their lives.

TE you are a tough guy to be able to go through that and act normal!

Decbaby, you are right! Thanks for reminding me. I took my 4mgs for the day and feel pretty good. That doesn't mean I don't have cravings but whatever happens I've decided that today I will not use! I can not let this beast win!

Alabama, thanks for the kind words! It feels good to be appreciated! You may not realize it but you have been a great asset to these boards, also. Thanks for reminding me that I haven't lost this war yet! I will try to practice what I preach! Lol Oh, btw, if I come to find that there is truth to building a tolerance I'll let you know. I think I've been on this stuff longer than you. That way you will know what to do if you should start craving again. It makes it worse when they creep up on you without you realizing.

In fact everyone of you has been a wonderful asset to this forum! We are all unique in our own situations with one commonality! TO FIGHT THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE called ADDICTION!

WE WILL WIN!!!!!