View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MrGhost

Originally Posted by luke13 View Post
Been sober for a month which i know is not much at all, and i heard of PAWS not sure if im suffering from it.. I am not depressed, i dont feel depressed i still function.

For a significant period of time i simply do not enjoy anything. You name it sex, watching sports, going to movies, a game etc etc.. I used to enjoy those things or at least some things, it used to bring some excitement..Nothing now, its like im on a flat line..Does it change, will it get better?! Or is this how life is when you get older... Its like living day by day each day passing by with nothing... I heard you supposed to enjoy life to some degree
You just have to ignore the blank mind sh***, fight it, and force yourself to enjoy things still. Don't give into the bordom. Remember why sex was enjoyable for you the most, remember why watching movies was enjoyable, remember why going to games was fun. After drinking it's like we get hit by a dump truck... in the head. And of course, things will still be different NO MATTER WHAT without the drink..as we all know, you just have to get use to seeing things the original way again, without the drink, which takes every one there own amount of time.