View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Eddiebuckle

I drank close to that much, went through a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka every other day. The problem I have with your question is that if you have been drinking 1 liter/day for 7 years and have multiple trips to the hospital under your belt, you've probably heard the horror stories or experienced them yourself. I had no clue how physically addicted I was until I got caught in a snowstorm on my way to rehab. I have no idea if I was being a drama queen, but I thought I was going to die at one point. That got my attention, but I have since realized that I ignored the extent to which alcohol took control of my life: friends, job, health, mental acuity, emotional stability. I was delusional:

Delusion: a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary.

My point is this - how much evidence do you have already? Watch Rain in My Heart - and consider how much evidence those poor souls had at the time. Is it evidence you lack, or honesty?