View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Oh congratulations INH! 9 months is amazing! How time flies though huh? x

Hux, that video scared me

Question... while I love the idea behind mindfulness I sometimes wonder if some of that 'forward planning' is useful. Doesn't that stuff help you deal with possible future scenarios? If we all lived exactly in this moment wouldn't everything hit us like a ton of bricks because we hadn't prepared for it?

I can totally see the the usefulness of it though, but I was just wondering if it was meant to be a tool we use when we need it or to try and make that a state of being?

So funny how we are all a bit the same though. I just described my '3 year plan' to my mum on the phone though so I think I may win the forward planning insanity prize Oh and I have already thought about how I will cope if the dog dies, and my mother...

I am feeling quite settled at the moment despite having lots on. I am doing step one with my sponsor now. Better late than never huh? I am finding that doing the reading and writing things out is very grounding for me. I will be doing something with my volunteer work every week now too so I feel like that will help consolidate my recovery somewhat too. I did a day today and I learnt so much. I am really looking forward to it, whatever I end up doing.