Old 10-21-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
onthebrink

Question Planning ahead...wedding. All inclusive. Cancun.

Right now I'm taking my steps to recovery one day at a time. I'm a baby. On day two and feel like I am failing miserably already because I want to drink so damn bad. I know my thought process will change if I - scratch that - as I stay sober for longer periods of time but my kid sister is getting married in Mexico at a wonderful, all-inclusive resort and I'm nervous. Free and free flowing booze everywhere. I like to say that other than my husband my family doesn't know I have a problem but I suspect they do, they just haven't confronted me about it yet.

I am looking for advice from people who have been in recovery and then are forced in to situations where everyone is drinking and how they avoid temptation. If it was up to me I wouldn't go at all. Heck, we can't afford it anyway and my parents are paying for our stay. But I have to be there. I don't HAVE to drink but at this point, 2 days in, the thought of being around people drinking and free flowing alcohol is really scaring me. But, EVERYTHING is scaring me right now. Maybe I'm rambling. Damn this emotional roller coaster.

Breathe. One day at a freaking time girl.