Old 10-21-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fallion

How do you find the motivation or inspiration?

Hello all,

I just joined the forum and frankly don't expect anything to change from posting here. But it can't hurt right?

For the last about 5 years I have been drinking every single day. I'm now 27, with a good job and no problems other than drinking really.

My main problem is, I just can't think of a single thing that makes me want to stop. I know it isn't healthy, it wastes a lot of my money and it's hard for any people to accept that I 'need' to drink so much.

2 days ago I was at my brothers wedding and thankfully I didn't embarrass him. I did get far to drunk but that was after I left the wedding. I had a huge argument with my parents that night and now I refuse to speak to them because I don't like anyone trying to force me to do anything. If I was 16 I would accept it but I'm not anymore and while I don't mind them giving me an opinion when they try to force me not to drink or something it just makes me so angry.

So my question is as the topic indicates, what has motivated or inspired you to finally quit drinking? I just find life so boring and especially since I quit smoking weed everyday drinking has become more of a problem.

Health could be a reason, but I'm in decent shape and whenever I get a blood test my doctors are literally impressed with the results which does nothing but annoy me. Social interaction could be another reason but I've been a loner my entire life so it doesn't really bother me having no true friends. Money yet another reason, but I make enough to have my own place and buy everything I want.

So any suggestions or ideas would be most welcome.