Old 01-20-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Music

Originally Posted by wild1forever
Thanks for the very simple suggestion to lighten up.
Definition of a suggestion: A subtle command. So do it.

I am trying, believe me I am, but I am so f*cking ashamed of myself and how bad I have gotten. So I had six years' sobriety...none of that matters now.
What do you mean you "had" six years sobriety? Where did it go. You still have it. Hopefully there's just a short break in your recovery. Stop kicking yourself in the butt. You just ain't that good at being that bad.

I'm worse than I ever was before, and now I have a family. At least back then, the only person affected by my actions was myself.
The oldtimers I listen to always said, "it'll only get worse! Never better!" I'm glad I listened. An alcoholic affects every person they come in contact with. You just happened to be the one doing all the puking.

As of right now, I have four hours without drinking. I guess that is a start, isn't it? One minute at a time is the best I can do right now.(((HUGS)))
If one minute at a time is the best you can do, then that's the best you can do. Nobody can expect any more. You just have to make sure it's the best you can do. Make some calls and keep some AAs up all night if you have to. You'll be doing them a favor, not to mention you'll be staying sober. Tie a knot and hang on. Don't drink even if your ass falls off. :shysmile: