Old 01-20-2005, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Music

Hi Wild,
When I came to AA, I was of the mind that I didn't want to be "told" what to believe in. AA gave me the "choice" to decided what to believe in. Today I don't believe in "God" but I believe there is a Higher Power greater than I am and greater than anything is. That's all!! I just believe. The difference is I don't believe I'm the higher power any more. I used to believe that I had all the answers. I've said this before and this is the only thing that keeps me believeing in something greater than MAN. Billions of other people believe in something greater than MAN. Am I "right" in believeing they're all "wrong?" I don't think so. Saying they're all wrong is again, believeing that I'm right. I have to stop now 'cause I'm starting to confuse myself... So, I'll just say this. I believe because a whole bunch of others believe. I let them believe the way they choose, and I believe the way I choose. I've been sober a long time just keeping it that simple. There just has to be something out there greater than anything I can come up with. All this just didn't happen by accident. Besides, I'd rather get to the pearly gates and find out I was right, than get there and find out I was wrong.... :tongue3: