View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CarryOn

Hi Ruby,

RAH and I are not on the separation or divorce path, but we are living separately. Not yet sure how everything will turn out, but I am glad that I kicked him out of the house, and should we end up back together and he relapses again, I would not hesitate to kick him out immediately.

So, what made me do that was he was on his 5th attempt in 5 months to quit drinking, but rather than getting better at staying sober he was getting better at hiding his drinking and lying to me more and more. It was then I accepted that nothing I said or did would make him quit...it was all on him but I didn't have to deal with it daily. Like I have read from a lot of people here, when I knew I had to kick him out, the decision was made, I really didn't doubt it and I was done. I posted a day or two ago about the actual process of kicking him out.

What I would say is make a plan, get support, and talk to a lawyer. Congratulations on your recovery - such an achievement especially given what you are currently dealing with.