Thread: getting started
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
13unluckyforsom

Originally Posted by smac2166 View Post
Thank you everyone for your support. you have no idea how much it means to me. I asked my family not to have a birthday celebration for me this year because social anxiety is high esp in small groups? Also, my whole family always drinks at parties ( not too excess but still a good bit) and they offer to have a dry partybut that would be weird. Also I would feel like a bug under a microscope. Good news- I am going to do a 5K color run/walk with some work friends. I registered back in May ( I was going to train all summer-didnt happen). I am in the walking group so there is no real pressure to perform but I have been stressed about it since Fri. Scared to death but I am still going to try. Another friend also has social anxiety so we plan to support each other. Fini- as much as I hate thinking/examining myself ( aka "touchy/ feelly stuff) I will buy the binder and give it a try. Thanks again for the encouragement. Hope you all have a safe, productive and safe weekend
You know it's actually ok sometimes to just 'be' you don't need to always be 'doing' I think maybe if you stop the thought process 'oh I need to do something, why can't I get motivated, this isn't normal' sort of thinking or whatever process is going on in your mind - it is so calming to just 'be' just try to concentrate on breathing. Think to yourself 'am I still breathing' and while you check note that feeling of peace. It's a bit tricky to start with - if your anything like me you will probably think 'I'm never going to catch on to this' but take it from me as someone who is usually so highly wired on my thoughts - this simple effort (that's tricky until your used to it lol) it's so helpful. It's so nice to just be calm.