View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
PippiLngstockng

Thanks, Mike

I don't have an issue about the job thing. It will come, but it just hasn't yet. To keep my residency I need a job at a fairly high level with a permanent contract. Side, temp, under the table won't do anything but take time and energy from finding the employment that will allow us to remain here. So it is a little trickier than you might think. Plus, yes, Mike, being a foreigner and speaking the local language quite imperfectly sets me back, although I am always improving.

But I am not freaking about the job thing. That's someone else's issue here maybe, but not mine.

What was feeling so hard when I posted was this counsellor who heard the truth right from Ah's mouth declining to work with me when I need her. It's been the case that the support leaves as things get legal, finances tighten and Stbxah talks to people. That's the trap. Yes, I will get a job but that only alleviates some of the issues.

Now that I got that behind me, I will tell you the good news! My children returned from their visit with their father today!!! Yay, they are so fabulous! We have been hugging and singing and cooking and catching up all day! There is so much love here in this little apartment!

Then, there's also this. My oldest, age 16, did not go with his father last week. I had to take him there myself the next day and he wasn't too happy to go but the judge ordered the visit and I felt the others would be safer with him there and who knows? Maybe he and his dad would have a good moment or two.

He. Stayed. In. His. Room. The. Entire. Six. Days.

Then on the way back home just as his father was driving into our village, my boy and his dad got into an argument. Long story short, my boy punched his father in the face, giving him a bloody nose and fat lip.

Ah reacted by trying to trap him in the car. And he told his daughter to call the police and younger boy to lock the doors. My oldest escaped and ultimately ran inside our building where he locked himself in and everyone else out.

I wasn't there during any of this. I was at the pool and they arrived an hour early. When I got home AH was standing creepily in a nook at the corner of the narrow street and my oldest had shut himself in his room. Later, I coaxed my boy out and took him for a long walk and drive in the mountains. We had fun! He talked it all through and seems okay. He has decided to end all contact with his father until the transition/divorce/financial crisis is done.

May that be soon!

Ready for peace, serenity, stability and sanity!