View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 01:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Pernell Johnson

Happy Thanksgiving friends and family. I noticed that you have this armour out and it reminds me of the biblical phrase taken from Ephesians 6:11 where the apostle Paul states "why" we need this armor. He says, "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." As Paul continues in the sixth chapter of Ephesians he reveals who our battle is against. He says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalitiies, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).

This is how the enemy works! He repeatly hits
you with lies, suggestions, allegations and one slanderous assault after another and another. He tries to wear you down, and then takes you captive in one of your weaker moments.

He tries to pave a road into your mind (methodos) and then confuse your emotions with "mind games" (noemata), and then deceives you to the point that you actually begin to believe his threats---and thus, your false perception empowers his lies to become a reality in your life.

This is the reason you must: "Clothe yourself with the whole panoply (the loinbelt, breastplate, shoes and greaves shield, helmet, sword and lance) that comes from God, for the sole purpose that you may have explosive and dynamic power to stand proud and upright, fact to face and eyeball to eyeball against the roads that the slanderer would try to pave into your mind" (Ephesians 6:11, REV).

I have not yet really begun to describe the rank and file of the (devil) enemy. But I will if you so wish to know.

Just for Today----------------------------I am Sober :shades2: