Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
clicketyclack

Thanks for the responses. I was so touched that I got so many responses so quickly. I will take this to friends and family. Well very early this morning ( I had been up all night not being able to sleep) I went downstairs to his room and it wreaked of alcohol breath from his sleep like his brothers old room did. It is so sad about his brother. The sense of smell does trigger memories. I told him I was up all night worried about him becoming an alcoholic. He didn't say anything. I just don't know what is going on with him and why he chose this path when we have so much in our son. I think his brother's death should have been a wake up call. I appreciate that I have been able to stay at home with our son for his first few years. I am sooo grateful for that. It is a true gift. I know he doesn't mean to hurt us. But he is always lying to me about something and hiding things and it is maddening. He never used to like to drink even with his brother around. He NEVER drank. I am just wondering if I can help him since it seems like a new problem. If I leave him I know he will just get worse. Then my son will have no father.