View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
longbeachone

David...Every time you get mad, blow up, respond in ANY way, you are doing exactly what these idiots want you to do. EVERY SINGLE TIME! They are the puppet masters, and you are their willing puppet. They say jump, you say how high. Sure, it's not your fault that you are living next to the Clampets, but you don't have to move away to escape this lunacy. The answer is so easy....just stop paying attention!

I've said this before to you...try to do exactly the opposite of what you are doing now. Smile, (BIG smile), wave, say hello, tip your hat. Be friendly. Do you have any acting ability? If you do, then act as if this is a friend, a kind person that you are happy to see. You don't have to engage in an extended conversation. In fact, avoid anything past a nice, quick "Hello, how are you today?". I'm not saying antagonize these nitwits...but if you can remove the payoff they get from winding you up (which is you, turning into a rabid dog), they will move on to some other hapless victim. They seem to be getting some weird sadistic pleasure from these encounters, so stop feeding their addiction.

If you can't do any of the above, your other option is to completely ignore these people (I mean completely....do not look, do not respond, do not answer). In your imagination, every time you come into contact with them, put your fingers in your ears and sing loudly. "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA....".

I can't make it any plainer. If you want to stay in this place, which you've obviously worked hard to come by, stop drinking the kool aid that they are ladeling out and focus on yourself, your wife and your sobriety. That is what's important. Why let people who have nothing whatsoever in common with you, aside from close geographic proximity, to have power over your life. In the words of your very wise fellow countrymen...Let it Be.