Notices

im f ......ing p....ed off

Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im f ......ing p....ed off

as of my other posts im struggling with neighbours next door but one

tonight im out working on my car she walks past staring and looking and then says david stop f....ing stairing at me

i said dont talk to me

she said youre a f....ing waste of space

i got this council house 3 to 4 months ago and ive had nowt but pathetic sly comments remarks, letters because she has reported me for things ive not even done,

why should i move, i just got a council house after waiting years on the list and this bitch does everything so sly in front of no wittnesses and certain things like facebook the statements she makes she does it without naming me i cant even get her done for slander

her husband threatened to knock me out with a spade, whats he get?? not even a slap on the wrists

my wife says they are knobs but then she gets over it

im f...ked off i want to move out i cant cope

i dont want another prison sentance because i flip my lid at these pathetic loosers bitch and tw@t, i know if they dont f off im very likely to flip my lid, if i flip my lid whats the point in me being sober??????????????

im angry fed up emotional want out of this situation even though i didnt even start it or provoke her in any way at all

help im going mad
Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by teardrop View Post

my wife says they are knobs but then she gets over it
I think your wife has the right idea. You can't control what other people do or say, so sometimes its best to just ignore them and move on.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i dont want another prison sentance because i flip my lid at these pathetic loosers bitch and tw@t, i know if they dont f off im very likely to flip my lid, if i flip my lid whats the point in me being sober??????????????

If you'd get a prison sentence for assaulting your neighbors it would be best if you didn't assault them. I'm sorry for what you're going thru but don't lose your sobriety over these people. It's not worth it.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like they are just trying to trigger you to get you out. Why take the bait? Just refuse to engage them with any eye contact or speech no matter what. Pretend they aren't there--it will **** them off instead.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

David...Every time you get mad, blow up, respond in ANY way, you are doing exactly what these idiots want you to do. EVERY SINGLE TIME! They are the puppet masters, and you are their willing puppet. They say jump, you say how high. Sure, it's not your fault that you are living next to the Clampets, but you don't have to move away to escape this lunacy. The answer is so easy....just stop paying attention!

I've said this before to you...try to do exactly the opposite of what you are doing now. Smile, (BIG smile), wave, say hello, tip your hat. Be friendly. Do you have any acting ability? If you do, then act as if this is a friend, a kind person that you are happy to see. You don't have to engage in an extended conversation. In fact, avoid anything past a nice, quick "Hello, how are you today?". I'm not saying antagonize these nitwits...but if you can remove the payoff they get from winding you up (which is you, turning into a rabid dog), they will move on to some other hapless victim. They seem to be getting some weird sadistic pleasure from these encounters, so stop feeding their addiction.

If you can't do any of the above, your other option is to completely ignore these people (I mean completely....do not look, do not respond, do not answer). In your imagination, every time you come into contact with them, put your fingers in your ears and sing loudly. "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA....".

I can't make it any plainer. If you want to stay in this place, which you've obviously worked hard to come by, stop drinking the kool aid that they are ladeling out and focus on yourself, your wife and your sobriety. That is what's important. Why let people who have nothing whatsoever in common with you, aside from close geographic proximity, to have power over your life. In the words of your very wise fellow countrymen...Let it Be.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
David...Every time you get mad, blow up, respond in ANY way, you are doing exactly what these idiots want you to do. EVERY SINGLE TIME! They are the puppet masters, and you are their willing puppet. They say jump, you say how high. Sure, it's not your fault that you are living next to the Clampets, but you don't have to move away to escape this lunacy. The answer is so easy....just stop paying attention!

I've said this before to you...try to do exactly the opposite of what you are doing now. Smile, (BIG smile), wave, say hello, tip your hat. Be friendly. Do you have any acting ability? If you do, then act as if this is a friend, a kind person that you are happy to see. You don't have to engage in an extended conversation. In fact, avoid anything past a nice, quick "Hello, how are you today?". I'm not saying antagonize these nitwits...but if you can remove the payoff they get from winding you up (which is you, turning into a rabid dog), they will move on to some other hapless victim. They seem to be getting some weird sadistic pleasure from these encounters, so stop feeding their addiction.

If you can't do any of the above, your other option is to completely ignore these people (I mean completely....do not look, do not respond, do not answer). In your imagination, every time you come into contact with them, put your fingers in your ears and sing loudly. "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA....".

I can't make it any plainer. If you want to stay in this place, which you've obviously worked hard to come by, stop drinking the kool aid that they are ladeling out and focus on yourself, your wife and your sobriety. That is what's important. Why let people who have nothing whatsoever in common with you, aside from close geographic proximity, to have power over your life. In the words of your very wise fellow countrymen...Let it Be.

This is exactly what is going on. I 100% agree--they like getting a rise out of you so deny them the pleasure.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There are always going to be people who will wind you up, might be good to learn now how to let it all float over your head. Cos if you respond, who ends up in the bad place?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by misspond View Post
There are always going to be people who will wind you up, might be good to learn now how to let it all float over your head. Cos if you respond, who ends up in the bad place?
Agree. The people across the hall from me at work can't stand me for no apparent reason. I am exceedingly polite if forced to deal with them but mostly just avoid them. I also NEVER gossip about not liking them to anybody (except you guys). They are probably getting tired of not liking me at this point cause I barely acknowledge them.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hiya David , this is no way to live and i really feel for you . Having a nasty neighbour is distressing.
Why not go to your doc , get a sick letter stating nerves , anxiety etc since you have moved here and it would be in your best interest to move and alleviate the situation.

You don't need this , especially whilst trying to stay sober ...its DEFINATELY a trigger.

Good luck , the only other thing i suggest is don't speak , don't look in their direction , treat them as though they don't exist and keep moving on with your life . Don't answer any snide comments , they will get bored eventually ....
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No half measures

Whenever I have a resentment I have to look at what my part was. Seldom are we completely innocent or guilty. When I look at the situation honestly and acknowledge my role the resentment seems to have far less power.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wakko View Post
Whenever I have a resentment I have to look at what my part was. Seldom are we completely innocent or guilty. When I look at the situation honestly and acknowledge my role the resentment seems to have far less power.

ive done f all
Old 10-15-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I knowhaving bad neighbours is awful but you can't control what they do.The only thing you can do is control your reaction to what they do.Getting angry and aggressive isjust playing into their hands. Stay calm,ignore them.You sound so angry,maybe some anger management might help you.Stay out of their way. Don't speak or look at them.They'll soon get bored. Theyobviously don't want you living there for whatever reason-why give them the satisfaction of moving or doing something bad that means you have to leave.Keep a log of incidents towards you and tell the council and police if illegal
Old 10-15-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are definitely not alone when it comes
to neighbors. I thought it was just me
having bad luck with annoying neighbors.

I learned thru the yrs. that you are suppose
to treat others the way you would want to be treated.

I mind my business, im not loud, I respect
others yrds. and yet, I don't get the same
respect back.

Both of my side neighbors are single women.
On one side of me, she sits outside her back
door and allows her dog to walk down her
drive way and comes into our yard to deposit
his poop and pee.

Im a pet owner and do love them, but if I
had a dog I surely wouldnt allow it to roam
about messing in other peoples yards. It's
what u call, respect for other people and their
property.

I have allowed her to rent free in my mind
causing me to stress out. I mow and manicure
our yrd because I enjoy having it to look
nice. These 2 women hire someone to cut
theirs. It takes time and effort to make our
front yrd look simple, yet nice. Then, as I
mow the lawn, I have to walk over this crap,
the wheels roll over it and the urine yellows
the grass. *&^&*$%

By the time im thru with the front yard and
thoroughly pizzed off, ive scooped all the
poop on the side walk to get it off the grass.
%$^%$#$%....

This bothers me more than my husband
because it is I who does the yrd work. He
has to listen to me bit#h and complain
about it.

Ive research ways to keep her dog from
coming on our lawn and one is to throw
out some moth balls out there which is
deadly if eatened....lol

No, I wouldn't do that, but it has crossed
my sick mind....lol They say dogs don't like
citrus or ammonia.....so my husband brought
me some ammonia granules they use at
his job and I spinkled it along the grass
line and side walk.

I cut grass every 2 weeks, so I am keeping
a vigil watch as to see if this works, if not.....
I surely wont drink over it, but I will continue
to turn it over to the Man upstairs for acceptance
and serenity.

Sooooo you see, even at 23 yrs sober, there
are still things in this life that ruffle my feathers
from time to time....like neighbors.

Maybe when I die, my HP will place me at
the end of the road way away from everyone
else and tend to my yard all alone....lol