View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Thanks for the new thread, Ann

Rita - I thought, a LOT, about you explaining how your daughters and Miss Sunshine will want their dad, on some level, even when they've been let down time and time again, how it's human nature.

I went to bratkin's Fri., took BB (baby bratkin's) new car seat I got her for her 1st b'day (in a couple of weeks). It was a rare time with just me, bratkin and BB, and it was wonderful.

Bratkin and I talked about her bio-dad, who is back in jail on parole violation with MORE charges and his dad/sm finally stopped putting money on his books (after 30 years, on and off).

It's amazing, after all those years where we yelled and screamed at each other, we have an amazing bond. I told her about the time her mom came home with her (her mom died when bratkin was 13 mos. old, so she was young), ticked off as sperm donor was a jerk, and mad at herself for taking BB. I told her that not long after she could talk, she was putting Barbie (and me) "in jail", then bonding us out.

I told her I don't WANT BB knowing about all that stuff at such a young age, and she agrees. It was just a really good day.

On the other hand, I think sm is thinking of bratkin and BB as HERS and gets all riled up if she's not with them at all times. Not good. Mr. and Mrs. Bratkin took baby to her first fair, the night I was there but had left. Sm had a MAJOR attitude as she didn't get to go.

Interestingly enough, I got to see bratkin's expression when sm called her TWICE while I was there, just to talk. Dad called me, went on and on about something and I cut him short - nicely said "I didn't come down here to see my girls and stay on the phone the whole time, I love you but we can talk about this later" and bratkin just laughed...then said almost the same thing to her mom.

Bottom line is same as always - keep my side of the street clean, stay out of stuff that is none of my business and put one foot in front of the other. Oh, and since I'm also an RA - don't use

Thanks to all of you for getting me to this point! I still slip and slide, but I know it's my choice to stay in codie-land or get out.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy