View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
SarahLanter

Originally Posted by Driver1 View Post
Seems like it gets a bit slower around here on weekends.

Wow Double, 4 little ones. I can't imagine. Bet that keeps you on your toes. Strong Sunday Double. Take care.

Sarah, how was your night? Oatmeal and chicken broth? Please tell me I mis-read that! Whatever gets you through I suppose. Sarah, I know you know a whole lot more about all this than i, but I'm guessing your body could use a bit more protein.

johnny555, glad things are going well so far. We're finally turning the corner on summer down here. BEAUTIFUL.
Best night yet. I was having a hard time staying awake early in the evening, so I went to bed and read for about 30 minutes, turned the lights off at 7:30. I slept until about 6:30 this morning. I woke up a few times but went right back to sleep.

I'm serious about the oatmeal. The chicken broth would boost the protein. I found several recipes online, believe it or not. Here is one I'm trying today:

Cook oatmeal in chicken broth (add ginger). Season with soy sauce (protein) and top with sliced green onion. Some recipes suggested topping with a poached egg but that's way too ambitious for me. I'll barely manage cooking the oatmeal.