Old 10-11-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drazzy

Angry What to do if you think you asked the wrong person to be your sponsor.....

I am newly sober ( 1 month) and new to AA. I have been going to meetings regularly, at least 4 a week. They were helping at first, but now it is like a chore and has been putting a strain on my family due to the extra running around. I was never told how to get a sponser until one lady that I was friendly with asked me if I had one...I was kinda put in the position to ask her. This was over two weeks ago and nothing other than her making me call her everyday has transpired.
She has her own issues right now and has said that once things settle down that we will start meeting and going through the steps. Who knows when that is going to take place. I called her earlier today and she didn't seem like she wanted to talk, even after I didn't show up for the last meeting. I was fine with it, I really haven't had any bad days that I had to call her about. Of course, tonight is bad and I feel so alone and don't want to call her....not only because she told me she was tired earlier today, but because I just don't want to talk to her about things.
I am usually closer with men and talk much easier with them, but I guess there is some rule against having a sponser of the opposite sex?
All of the other women in the group that aren't already sponsers up to their eyeballs don't see like a good fit for me.
Maybe I am not cut out for AA....I really don't know how much longer I can do this, especially when it comes down to exploiting my demons to a stranger and asking others for forgiveness when I am trying to protect my animosity.
Do I make sense, or can anyone relate?