Thread: 78 Days Later
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
July2413

Thanks everyone!

I'm still feeling like things suck but I'm just so grateful I could say it here instead of drink it down here. Still sober but things still suck.

I laughed out loud firstymer because I feel like a 7 year old right now... I just want to stomp my feet, go to my room, and come out when I feel better, haha! I know I'm an adult though and I can't quite do that.

It really helped me to be able to come on here and just say that things suck. I always feel pressured to act like everything is perfect and wonderful and I think sometimes that pressure is what adds to my alcoholism. Alcohol is a great way to both continue to pretend and to let loose when you want to escape. I'm not really doing either of those things now but it helps to be able to just say "this sucks" without it being analyzed or judged.

Because my week at work was really bad, I planned this weekend not to do any work. Tonight I went out for Mexican with a friend and then to see Gravity (which whoa... I think I had a bad week... please!). I'm going to see another friend on Sunday. Tomorrow I'm going to relax. I know I need time during all these transitions and I want to give it to myself so that I don't try to steal it with alcohol.

Thank you for your encouragement! Day 80 tomorrow!!!