View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  
foolsgold66

I think we've talked about this a couple of times.with a couple of people. I joined on Aug 27, the very day I was newly sober, and thus it took me a while to even find this 'class'. I posted individually for a while in Newcomers then but now like posting here mostly. I also post responses in newcomers so I am in no way avoiding hearing about failure.

I have exactly 1 motivation for coming to SR. Avoiding complacency. I relapsed after 8 years because my attitude was bad and I got complacent about alcohol. The attitude thing I know how to fix, and coming here every day to be reminded of others successes, and the cost of failure helps me avoid complacency.

Quit quitting on us, bbfly. Stay here where you said you know the people the best and feel most comfortable. I'm not gonna lecture you, but I think Itchy posted some powerful truth. I get to say that because it was true about ME at one time too. I had to accept it before I could progress.

I said I wasn't gonna lecture, but I have decided to 'tough love' on you. Start doing what people have succeeded do, because it works, and stop doing what you do, because it doesn't. I have social anxiety too, drunk or sober, and likely always will. I don't let that stop me going out in the world to the doctor or ER when I'm sick, or need help.

All is forgiven. start over. Try something new. Do what we say. Please?

I choose not to drink today.
FG