View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Viperidae

My Obsessive thinking is starting to kick in over the mattress purchase. I read online that this particular one is prone to failure after a short while. Icomfort has not been out long and real memory foam mattresses cost 4 grand, no joke. So it is hard to get an unbiased review, but the Amazon reviews are awful. Anywho, I can get a refund before I take custody of it and since I'm picking it up...

I need to just do a little more checking, or totally take the chance. Dunno, it did seem like the one in a big furniture store was REALLY soft, the one at sleepys was nice and firm, same model, different name and different construction at Sleepys has better materials according to them. I like a super firm mattress, I've come to that conclusion. CT Matress that I mentioned earlier is owned by a famous mattress guy in the area(he got taken out by sleepys years ago), and he makes his own mattress with CT company with a firm that is really nice and comes with a golden warranty and 120 day cash back no fees. I might want that. This is so hard, I don't have money to blow.

The key to negotiations on retail goods is to just plain not give a crap. Walking out the door is really easy when you hold the cash and someone else wants to make a sale. Walking out is also a very powerful weapon. I walked out on a car dealer one time and there was no way they were going to let me go. I got the price I wanted. I was told at Raymour and Flanigan that I'm 'sales resistant.' Haha, I guess so. That suckah did not make a sale.

See if you can find anything...It's the Icomfort Insight that I paid for but did not get yet, the lowest in their line, Sleepys calls it Cool Elegance Firm, see if you find anything....their models over 2k get nice reviews :/