View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
JoeinHouston

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
Hi, Tobies.

Just came home from my first wine-free book club EVER!! (seriously, one time I hosted book club and my son asked if it were wine club or book club) No slurring, repeating the same points, making long drawn-out pointless remarks, for this member! Yay! Finishing Day 10 . . . .

See ya tomorrow. Sweet peaceful dreams for all!
Originally Posted by Elle27 View Post
Hi to all! 😋

Just checking in on day 2, feeling ok apart from my gums n teeth, have to go and have 3 taken out at hospital, have gum disease n I'm sure it's from the drinking over the years. Slept well last night but then I generally do the night after bingeing on booze!!

Haven't told anyone yet that that I'm not drinking, not even my partner, as have done so before and I've failed miserably. Got to do it this time and the weekend is looming which is when my Demon comes out to play, Even though I drink every/every other day, I am better in the week as I know I have to get up and drive the kids to school, I will start in the week about 4pm and finish bout 8pm, then crash on the couch once kids are in bed. Friday and Sat are my biggest downfall, when I know I don't have to get up early or drive, the demons are out in full force and I get totally blind drunk.

I don't want Friday to come this week....

Ellexx
Elle - you can do it! By Friday you will have gathered plenty of momentum to storm the weekend ramparts. Go for it.