Old 10-07-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
phoebe64

My husband drinks very regularly and has, everytime I try to get sober. And the friends we see, also drink, and talk about drinking, make jokes about drinking, etc... We do not actually socialze that foten with them, thankfully, these days. Our kids are younger and we have just fallen a bit out of step due to that putting us in a different pace. We are not as free to go out and leave the kids home alone. But, pretty much, any regretful drunken binge I have had in the past 3 years has been in that crowd. I have had fleeting periods of sobriety, punctuated with moderation, then escalates ot too much, and me reigning it in again.

I really wonder if I can stay sober forever with him having a few beers every night or nearly every night. And, as I type, there are cold ones in the fridge, I am sure. But I am trying to focus on today, each day. Forever is daunting. I am so bored with him on weekends, where he essentially grabs a beer at 5 and keeps going. Usually 7-8 beers. Light by some standards, but he essentially falls asleep at some point. Bleh.

While wine is my preferred drink, I do like a good IPA very much.

I now have a month tomorrow. I hope he will someday follow suit if I can set a good example.