View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
allforcnm

Great news OneNight.

My husband went to a rehab that was based on private therapy, not based on the 12 steps, but they still placed emphasis on a persons spiritual recovery. I think its important especially during recovery to help people deal with shame, guilt, forgiveness. We go to church with our son (almost 2) and it has become more important to us since we became parents. Im happy for both of you.

Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
My husband is in a faith based treatment program...he has been there for a week now. It is a 9-10 month program. I got a letter from him and he sounded positive. He said he knew he needed to be there and he knows that only God can help him. I can see him after 30 days and I pray he really does it this time. Is there any real success stories out there? I am tired of this rollercoaster ride...I really am...I do have faith that he can get overcome this if he puts the work in...am I being unreasonable?
My husband has been clean for somewhere near 18 months now. He went to a 3 month rehab, and then came home, still does routine therapy for support. He is doing really well. I think there are a lot of success stories. There is one forum on this site that is just for recovery stories, you might check some of those out. I don't think you are being unreasonable in having faith....