Thread: What IF....
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
AllThings

Originally Posted by FreeTheLOVE View Post
I understand your point. But the problem is I want him. I just want him sober, completely sober. If he were sober he could give me the life I want. .
OH my gosh, I completely understand you! I have SAID those words, I still have days when I say those words, but, guess what... I'm starting to say them less and less.

I guess the only difference is that I really don't think my AH can give me the life I want. I am very religious, so I know the life I really want it already waiting for me in the hereafter. This isn't my home,it's just a pit stop.

But, yes, of course, many of us think or thought that. "He would be sooo perfect if he would just stay sober!"

Over the last few weeks, I've come to the realization that I need some major detachment. I'm taking baby steps right now, I'm trying to build the life I want for ME, even if he is under the same roof. I'm doing more for me, I'm letting him do what he wants (so far that hasn't been drink, but we'll see... Regardless, I need to figure out what it takes for AllThings to make HERSELF happy, no matter what he's doing.