View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
smtowngirl

Believe it or not, I worked in a treatment facility a nurse...but just because I know this stuff doesn't mean I am any less vulnerable to everything going on around me. I am finally starting to let go and detach from his disease and am working up the stregth and courage to leave. He is really a good father and trys to be a good husband when he is sober but those time are become a distant memory for me, I just don't want my kids to feel that way too. I am beginning to feel it may be best if we move out and let him know we wont be around him when he is drinking. CarryOn, I am pretty sure my Mom gave me that book...after all where do we learn or behaviors from right..She has been a really good support for me. I have done some counseling but I am sure everyone can agree it is so hard to find time for yourself when you are " like a single parent " when you have a spouse that is and alcoholic. Thanks for taking the time to read everyone I truly appreciate it. And yes I have read through most of the stickies very good reading.

It makes me feel so good when I get to dump the bottles out though, its like a small victory, I was so obsessed i would look all over the house and the yard, in the hot tub, pool filter, any where I thought he would be hiding it!