View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
coke is out of the system in about THREE days....then there are no physical w/ds....it's all mental. without a program of some sort, or an absolute COMMITTMENT to not using again EVER, the mind stays stuck on cravings.

none of that is an excuse for a bad mood....he can go for a walk, mow the yard, paint the nursery, do something NICE for YOU. not sit there and pout and flounce an be a jerk. if he can't handle THIS how on earth is he going to handle a newborn, and the crying, and the feedings, lack of sleep, colic, ear infections, someone other than HIM being king baby????? guess you better buy a lot of tomatoes.

you continue to excuse bad behavior. you continue to ACCEPT bad behavior.
He is always doing nice things for me. He tries to keep his bad mood to himself, of course I pick up on it. He been short with words a few times, but never directed his bad mood at me. I wasnt even in the kitchen when he went after the tomato bag. I saw the aftermath, he had it all cleaned up but they were sitting there in the bag all smooshed. I asked what happened, and he said one fell out and he tried to pick it up and it rolled and he lost his mind and smooshed them all. He bought more. He was out buying fresh vegetables because he wants me to eat healthy. He is being active also, he cleaned out a room for the baby, and has primed it, ready for me to pick out the new paint color. Put $3000 in the new account we set up for the baby, and scary to think that would have been spent on drugs? I can see he is making an effort.

He is working with an addiction doctor, and he may be entering their evening outpatient program at the first of the month. He does have to leave work early to get there, and it last for a month I think. I say he "may" because he says he is going to, but since it hasnt started yet, well we cant take him at his word can we?

Im just glad he didnt throw me out for my morning sickness when the carpet took the hit, and he cleaned it while I wailed "how will I ever make it through this !"