View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Personally, I now find being around people throwing "temper tantrums" unacceptable for any reason. It is amazing to me now how I used to make excuses, justify or minimize unacceptable behavior all under the guise of being supportive and loving.

My husbands drug problem was not mine, it was his and his alone. Under no circumstances, should I ever have allowed his consequences to his choices in my home a place a refuge or my life. But it took a while before I finally grasped that. My own fears, obligation and guilt kept me stuck and in a fog.
My husband is going through withdrawals and I can excuse his tomato smashing behavior. I hope we can laugh about it one day.

I am pregnant, and its early, but my physical problems have affected him. Morning sickness, bad moods, crying spells, blood sugar being off, trying to give up caffeine, blood pressure being off, trips to the ER.

Maybe seeing how he has handled these things with me, has given me the ability to be a little more compassionate with him. I dont feel like Im afraid, obligated, or guilty. He is my husband and we have a good life. Im not bailin on him at the first sign of trouble, especially not now that he is getting help. But I am preparing for myself and our child if it all goes wrong.