View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Raufoss

100 shots of beer in 100 minutes = the Century Club where I come from. The rules required you to drink your shot before the bell rang on the timer, pour yourself another and repeat until finished. I did it without much trouble before I became truly alcohol dependent (I was an undergrad and I wasn't even hung over the next day). In fact, I think we waited a while and then kept drinking.

Guys, it is in fact possible to regularly drink the amounts you read about. The papers aren't exaggerating, as much as you might want to think so. Genetics, tolerance, and body mass have a lot to do with the amount a person can drink regularly, and someone with such a "gift" can really pour it on in a binge. For example, I was the only person left awake at my 21st birthday party (largely because I was certain that if I passed out my friends would draw on me) -- that night I did 21 drinks+, and one (!) of said drinks was a 40oz of Crazy Horse malt liquor. I actually remember looking around, seeing that everyone was safely zonked, then throwing one last shot and hitting the sack. Sad to think once I was proud of being able to drink most anyone under the table.

Now I'm proud that I don't drink at all.