View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tromboneliness

It's been three years

... since my Dad died. And I'm still not sure how I feel. Certainly not "sad," in the conventional sense -- hey, if he were still living, he'd be 93, so at some point that's not a realistic issue anymore. I still have some significant anger, which, as you guys know, comes out when situations similar to mine are discussed in threads -- I usually hit the alkies with one of these:

But I have gotten into a pretty steady routine of practicing guitar -- on my Dad's old classical instrument -- on a daily basis. Certainly a positive there -- he fostered my lifelong interest in classical guitar (although that's not the idiom I'm delving into), I use his bowling balls occasionally, and some of the personality traits I inherited have served me well. Others, of course, have not.

So I can't really say. I think I'm doing okay, day to day -- certainly it helps that I have a pretty good job now, and have gotten back into some other things I like to do. I get together with my sponsor pretty regularly, and have made a lot of progress on some of the ACA stuff -- if I may put in another plug for the yellow Workbook, get a copy and go through it with a sponsor. It's the best thing I've ever done, without question.

I don't know... how I feel. Still working stuff out, but as it begins to recede into the rearview mirror (where it will always be visible, even as it keeps getting smaller), there may be hope yet!

T