View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

I started seeing an addiction doctor around the same time I started trying alanon. He has been helpful to me, I have no complaints. He works with family as well as addicts/alcoholics.

I started my post with what I have been doing. Since all this hit, I have went back to work full time (was working part time hours), I did this in case i have ot leave him, in case he dies, in case he gets fired. The list could go on I guess. I want to make sure I have health insurance available if I need to go on it, for me and the baby. I am finishing up my grad studies, will be done in the spring. Im focused very much on baby things when I have spare time. I joined a group for expectant moms, and a yoga class that is gentle exercise for pregnant women. I can continue it all through I hope. Trying to eat right, that has been a struggle for me to give up certain things (should post about this later). Reading baby books, buying things already for baby. Most of my time is spent on me, but Im also trying to support him, be encouraging, have an idea what he is going through so I know what is real and what could be lies. Do I want to end things, not now. I will NEVER go back to how things were when I first found out he was using, and the way I let him treat me those many weeks. NEVER. Thats why Im trying so hard, and why Im here on this site reading (more than I post, I read, I learn, I think).