Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
atalose

I've told 2 of my girlfriends about this, they are both trying to help but think it will end in disaster
Please listen to your friends.

He has no family or friends close by and the ones i've met once, I really don't know them well enough to approach them about this.
It's not up to YOU or his family or his friends to help him, he has to want to get help for himself. There is a big difference between him admitting he has a problem and him actually doing something about it.

Based on the above quote, don't turn yourself into his only, you are NOT his salvation. His relationship with alcoholic was there long before you came along 4 short months ago and will proably remain until HE decides HE wants to do something about it.

One of two things are going to happen:

1. you will grow tried of attempting to fix and repair him and end your hurt by ending the relaitonship.

2. he will grow tried of you attempting to get in the way of his booze and end the relationship.

It never ends pretty when they make the choice to continue to drink and you make the choice to hold on to them.